Friday, August 14, 2009

The Indian Shores Sky




The types of images above are best made with a tripod. But, as I indicated in yesterday's post, I didn't travel with a tripod. This limited me in certain ways. Particularly, it was next to, if not impossible to attempt catching the nice, smooth backwash effect as the water makes its way back the ocean from the beach. I am not sure if I am describing this in the best way. But many photogs find (or place) a shell in the foreground to anchor the scene and shoot a slow exposure of the water as it rushes back over the shell. It gives a nice silky look that I like. Also, crisp night scenes to include sunsets and cityscapes were pretty much out of the question. Like I indicated in another post, it was a family vacation and I would take what I could get from what time and gear I had.

Anyway, all the images here were handheld. There really isn't much, if any, camera movement noticeable in these. That's because I used a relatively open aperture. The types of images here are best exposed with a small aperture for greater depth of field. That's where the tripod (and remote shutter release) assists you.

The one with the beach in the extreme foreground was taken from the balcony of our condo. The other two were taken from somewhere on that beach.

No comments: